Saturday, January 10, 2015

Back to the Manual


Upon Installing Drupal 7 i ran into this error on the installation page:
PHP extensions Disabled
Drupal requires you to enable the PHP extensions in the following list (see the system requirements page for more information):
* gd .
I've enabled gd, I've removed the comment from php.ini enabling the line "extension=php_gd2.so",
I am running Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick, So 
I tried different things and keep hitting a wall. Took a break from it, drank coffee, played some fifa,came back and still couldnt fix the problem.

So I went ahead and hit up a friend (@jjlieza) to see if he could find something I missed (my version of rubber ducking). As I explain the problem I had, he also suggested the same solutions I had tried and didn't work, he then asked if the Installation Manual was no help?  something I almost never really look at.( sure am not alone on this) but since I was already frustrated, I took advice and opened the doc, there it says: "Note: PHP 5.x no longer enables the php extension by default. Please read the links above for installing and enabling your chosen connector"

After reading then I manually install the GD Library sudo apt-get install php5-gd and there my problem was solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment